The Point Casino & Hotel (TPCH) is committed to promoting responsible gaming through education, enforcement, and assistance programs. The purpose of this document is to provide a detailed outline to ensure compliance with existing regulations and to protect both guests and employees from the effects of problem gambling. TPCH will provide training and education to all gaming employees at a minimum annually.
- Gaming Employees will receive training on responsible gaming awareness at a minimum annually.
- All new hires and current employees that transfer into a gaming department will receive training that covers the following topics:
- Identify responsible gaming, problem gambling, and compulsive gambling
- Recognize common signs and consequences associated with problem gambling
- Identify who is at risk
- Learn the proper way to assist patrons with problem gambling
Problem Gambling Resources
- The Point Casino & Hotel is committed to providing a fun and entertaining atmosphere for patrons and employees to enjoy. Responsible Gaming is an integral part of TPCH’s operation. The resources listed below will be conspicuously posted and available in various formats throughout the property:
- In the event an employee encounters a patron with a suspected gambling problem, or a patron approaches an employee seeking help:
- The employee will listen to the patron barring no judgement and will discreetly notify appropriate management and/or Security personnel
- Management and/or Security personnel will provide the patron with problem gambling information if requested
- The Point Casino & Hotel does not permit patrons under the age of twenty-one (21) to play any Class II or Class III games.
- If a patron younger than 21 years of age is identified on the gaming floor, Security personnel are to be notified immediately.
- Security will notify Surveillance and request proof of identification to confirm the patron’s age
- Security will escort the patron out of the gaming facility
Responsible Gaming Display
- As listed in the Problem Gambling Resources section of this policy, resources for patrons and employees shall be conspicuously displayed and made available through marketing signage materials.
- Each Sports Wagering Kiosk shall display a commitment to responsible gambling and a link to this policy pursuant to Section 8.3.2 of Compact Appendix S.
Employee as Guest
- The Point Casino & Hotel employees may play Class II and Class III games in accordance with the Employee as Guest Policy.
- The following persons may not play any games conducted at The Point Casino & Hotel:
- Executive Management (to include The Point Casino & Hotel and/or Noo-Kayet Investments) Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operations Officer, General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Controller, Information Technology Director, and Video Gaming Director)
- TPCH Compliance Department
- TPCH Finance Department
Serving Alcohol Responsibly
- In addition to encouraging a fun and safe entertaining atmosphere, The Point Casino & Hotel takes necessary measures to ensure information is available to promote responsible gambling and for the safety of our patrons, TPCH proactively monitors alcohol consumption.
- Alcohol Service training is provided quarterly to appropriate employees including management to promote awareness amongst staff and to further aid in the efforts of responsible gambling.